Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ramblin' Man

This doesn’t make me special or different, although it doesn’t rule out either possibility. Then again, it’s not like I have tiger blood or Adonis DNA. I very much have Hirshberg DNA. These are just some completely random, overwhelmingly silly, and very possibly pathetic thoughts that have entered my mind in recent days. Mainly, I couldn’t think of a way to say them in 140 or less characters, so here they are:

  • The other day I saw three Acura MDX’s at one intersection. I couldn’t help but wonder; what’s the (obviously) unofficial record for seeing the same model of car in a row? Yesterday in a parking lot I saw two Lexus’ next to each other, and I extended the thought to wondering what the record was for the most cars by one manufacturer that ever randomly ended up in the same place.
  • I firmly believe that the spot you find in the parking lot at work should be yours for the day. The guy who is able to swipe your choice spot over lunch didn’t earn that spot, and shouldn’t take it. Says a lot about that individuals character if you ask me. Not sure what it says, but I know it’s a lot.
  • Saw a Prius in the parking garage at work today, and I figured out the best way Toyota should advertise that car. No more shots of it driving, it simply doesn’t look cool on the road. Know when they look cool? When I’m standing there filling up my tank at the gas station, and one drives by.
  • I like to think of a Nissan Cube, a Kia Soul and a Scion XB al l stopped side by side at a red light. They’re eyeing each other up, feeling pretty good about themselves and then a Honda Element goes through the intersection and they just weep like John Boehner. I think of this, knowing darn well that the XB is most likely my next ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment