Friday, April 22, 2011

Put Me on the Ballot

I thought of some ways the Government can earn some cash to help with this debt. It’s gonna cost you, but it doesn’t happen to. It’s completely up to you. They should start renting out unused space. There's no way Obama needs all that room, has he ever seen HGTV? The Prez and Michelle could easily rent out a few rooms. How about Capitol Hill? Since they don't use it for anything more than a place to gather and bitch, let them all work from home and use Skype. I'm sure Trump would pay to use it, since he was to play politician. Can you imagine what Hollywood would pay, to film on location?
Since we’re allowed to have guns, why not buy some off the military? They’d know who bought them, and rather than sitting around waiting for the next war, we could get some cash.
Basically, the US Government should have a giant garage sale. Or just post a bunch of crap on Craigslist. Can you imagine all the great deals to be had? How many laptops are sitting in storage across the country? What about flat screen televisions, office furniture, and automobiles? There are safe houses, just itching to be sold or rented out. Maybe a few planes and helicopters? And you know what, it’d all be tax free. How awesome would that be?
We’ve all seen the advertisements of homes, cars and other fun items that were confiscated during federal arrests. It’s time that selling all that stuff became a priority. What are all those census takers doing now? Keep them on the payroll to sell this stuff. My plan saves jobs, pays down the debt and helps the people. Okay, it may not really help, but we’d get some crap we really dig.
Wait, there’s more. When they find businesses that are fronts for illegal activity, the type of shops the Nancy Botwins of the world open up, they shouldn’t close them. Sell them as well. I assume they already have some loyal customers.
I’m looking over http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/index.html as I write this, and I see that they’re actually doing some of this already. They’re idiots though, you have to advertise. Let college kids who are majoring in advertising at our public universities, who are using federally funded grants to pay for college, get to work on this. If they help out, give them a discount on their loans.
The more I think about it, and I realize that I’m spending way too much time thinking about this, they shouldn’t auction these items off. No, they should try start by asking for a fixed percentage of market value. Auctioning off a $250,000 house for $20,000 sounds great, but now I think of it as a giant loss. Why not sell that $250,000 house for $200,000. That’s still a helluva deal.
That’s it; I’m running for office now. I’m not calling anyone names, and I’m not making any promises I can’t keep. I’m simply running on one idea, an idea that I think helps everyone. Now if only there was a branch of the Government responsible for common sense, I’d know what to run for.

No comments:

Post a Comment